Community Social Workers are assigned to specific Calgary neighbourhoods and work with the residents to create meaningful change. Volunteer opportunities are available in the following neighbourhoods: Abbeydale, Acadia, Bankview, Beltline, Bridgeland, Crossroads, Downtown Core, Greenview, Highland Park, Huntington Hills, Kingsland, Manchester, Rosscarrock, Southwood, Spruce Cliff, and Thorncliffe.
Volunteer opportunities are also available for residents in the following neighbourhoods that are part of the Community Hub Initiative:
- North of McKnight Community Hub at Genesis Centre: Castleridge | Coral Springs | Falconridge | Martindale | Saddleridge | Taradale
- Village Square Community Hub: Pineridge | Rundle | Temple | Whitehorn
- Bob Bahan Recreation Centre: Albert Park-Radisson Heights | Dover I Erin Woods | Forest Lawn | Penbrooke Meadows
- Sunalta Community Association: Sunalta
- Bowness Community Association: Bowness, Montgomery and Greenwood Village
Visit this link to learn more about the Community Social Work program.